I was looking for a healthy/low-carb recipe for stuffed peppers and found this recipe from AllRecipes.com that replaces rice with a bunch of veggies and just tweaked it a bit.
4 green bell peppers, tops and insides removed
1 lb lean ground turkey
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 cups fresh spinach
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
garlic powder to taste
Italian seasoning to taste
S&P to taste
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wrap each green bell pepper in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes and then remove from oven.
3. In a skillet, cook the turkey with 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat until no longer pink and set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in the skillet and cook chopped onion, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender. Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in the diced tomatoes and tomato paste and then season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Stuff the green peppers with the turkey mixture and wrap each pepper back in foil.
6. Return peppers to the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
1. Follow Kate and myself via GFC and Bloglovin.
2. Link up your favorite recipes or food-related posts.
3. Grab our Recipe Swap button and link back to our blogs.